Friday, June 20, 2008

Chengdu, China -- Truely a beautiful city full of incredible people, 10 mil strong... video footage I took back in 2006 while visiting Chengdu

After a long amount time (well more than usual), spent thinking about what to concentrate this update on, I found this video on my Picassa (google video) web albums-- along with other long forgotten items...

I decided to orient this post video which is of a taxi ride down a major avenue in the Capital of Sichuan Province, Chengdu. This post is therefore dedicated towards helping the people of Sichuan province, who as I've reported in past posts have suffered a great deal in the past month and a half.

The province of Sichuan is known to be home to the Chinese frequently considered the most "relaxed and mellow," people of China. Traditional tea houses, some with a modern flare these days, are all around the capital of the province-- Chengdu. Sad it was the only part of the province I was able to visit.

I shot this video using a digital camera in December of 2006. My friend and i were on our way from our hotel to Chendu Daxue-- which translates into Chengdu University.

This video was taken as my friend I road in a taxi along a main road in Chengdu, a city in South-Western China of 10,000,000 people!--which despite being larger than New York City has remained largely off the world's radar for years... that is until a 8.0 earthquake struck, killing roughly 65,000 thousand people and causing countless other miseries.

Following the video are links to websites in which you can offer your support if you so choose to the victims of the earthquake in Sichuan province.




Support the Quake Relief @ -->

Mercy Corps and Tzu Chi Foundation via google's easy donation site are the ways I personally used.

World Vision
I have read and personally be told is a good avenue to donate and have your $$$ reach the victims.

The Redcross and the UN have their own donation sites as well, google them if you'd like. I tend to avoid both, but who I am to judge... No further comment, hehe.

0 comments: